Posts Tagged ‘boils cure with Honey’
Honey is an amazing gift from nature which is both a nutritional and a healing food. It has antibiotic, antifungal and antiseptic properties.
Honey can resist the growth of bacteria that trigger boils in the following ways:
- The microbial properties of honey make it difficult for bacteria to grow and multiply.
- Honey is acidic in nature whereas certain bacteria cannot grow in an acidic environment.
- Honey deprives the bacteria of water and oxygen which they need to grow. Although honey contains some water but it is not available to the bacteria as it is supersaturated with sugar.
- It is an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces the pain and swelling.
- It is helpful in reducing scarring.
- Manuka honey is a special type of honey that has an ingredient known as Unique Manuka Factor or UMF. UMF has proved to be more effective in combating bacterial infections then the ordinary honey. The methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus or MRSA strains of bacteria are resistant to certain antibiotics. Manuka honey has proven to be powerful enough to deal with the stubborn MRSA too.
- During an acne breakout the pores of the skin get clogged. The trapped sebum gets infected by the bacteria called Propionibacterium acnes which are the causal factor of acne. Manuka honey is more effective in penetrating the epidermis of the acne than the synthetic medications.
Warm honey can be applied over the boil or else honey can be used along with some other substances such as:
- A fresh fig can be dipped in honey and applied over the boil.
- A mixture of two teaspoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of almond oil should be massaged over the boil. The mixture should be left on the boil for half hour and then washed with lukewarm water.
- A paste should be made by mixing 3 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. This paste should be applied on the boils every night till two weeks. It helps to uproot the boils.
The benefits of honey can be utilized by following the above mentioned tips to cure boils completely.