What are the Natural ways to get rid of Carbuncles?
A carbuncle is a type of a boil that has reached an advanced stage. It consists of a cluster of boils that have an inter-linked area of pus beneath the surface of the skin.
The carbuncles have the following characteristics:
- They develop slowly and also take much time to get healed.
- They are quite painful and usually cause a deep and severe infection.
- They tend to leave a scar on the skin especially when they are scratched when the infection is at its peak.
- They require immediate medical attention if they persist for more than 2 weeks or are accompanied with chills or fever.
The following natural remedies can help in accelerating the healing process of a carbuncle:
- Heat application over the carbuncle can draw more blood towards it. This means that more white blood cells will reach the site of the infection to ingest the bacteria. For this one should soak a washcloth in hot water and place it over the carbuncle. When this is done several times in a day the carbuncle gets ready to suppurate or discharge its pus.
- Neem is a natural antibacterial agent which can be used in the form of a paste. Tender neem leaves can be mixed with some water and grinded into a paste. This paste can be applied over the carbuncle and left overnight for relief.
- Garlic paste can be made by crushing 2-3 cloves of garlic into a paste. This paste can be applied over the carbuncle for a quick recovery as garlic is a natural antibacterial agent too.
- A poultice can be made by heating a fresh banana leaf slightly and tying it over the boil with gauze. This alleviates the pain and ripens the boil.
- Turmeric is a powerful blood cleansing and anti-inflammatory agent. A paste of turmeric can be made by mixing it with either milk or water and can be applied over the carbuncle.
- Lastly, the infected area should be kept clean and one should refrain from popping the carbuncle as the pus is highly contagious.
These simple natural remedies can speed up the recovery process and heal the carbuncle.