The boils that occur on our skin are caused by bacterial infections. The antibiotic treatment for controlling bacterial infections started with the discovery of penicillin.
However, the effectiveness of antibiotics gradually diminished over the years because of the following factors:
• The bacteria are able to sense the presence of some antibiotics and they start producing the genes that can protect them from the action of the antibiotic. This has lead to the formation of antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria such as MRSA.
• Some times when people get some relief they discontinue the antibiotic treatment half-way through. Due to this negligence some of the bacteria manage to survive. Such bacteria can attack again and may become more dreadful.
There are only some antibiotics left that are still effective in controlling bacterial infections.
On the other hand, garlic is a powerful herb with the following characteristics:
• It has antibacterial, antifungal, anti-parasitic and antiviral properties.
• Research proves that as compared to some commercially available antibiotic drugs, garlic is more potent as a broad-spectrum antibiotic.
• The most unique feature of garlic is that the body does not tend to build up resistance towards it. Hence, there are no chances of the garlic cure losing its effectiveness.
• A study conducted in the California University, Irvine shows that garlic can destroy even some of the antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria.
• Even if the original garlic juice is mixed with water in the ratio of 1:128 then also it retains a significant antibiotic activity.
The effectiveness of garlic can be utilized in the following ways to cure boils:
• It can be taken orally to control the bacterial infections from within. Herbalists suggest that one should chew a clove of garlic and hold it back in the mouth for some time before swallowing it.
• If a person cannot tolerate the taste of garlic then garlic capsules can be taken.
• Garlic juice can be topically applied over the boil with a cotton ball to help the boil come to a head quickly.
With more and more antibiotic drugs losing their effectiveness, garlic has the potential to play a vital role in modern medicine for controlling bacterial infections that lead to boil formation on the skin.