Boil Home Remedies – A Cost Effective and Convenient Way to Eradicate Boils Forever
Boils are the outcome of a bacterial infection which has a chance of spreading if not treated properly. Keeping one’s skin clean by using anti-bacterial soaps or face wash is imperative to curb the spread of the boils. If timely action is taken, a lot of serious problems can be avoided. Boil home remedies are safe as they do not have any side effect. They cure the boils in a natural way. The ingredients used to treat the boils at home are available easily. The boil home remedies are reliable as they have been used successfully since ages.
Boils or skin abscess are triggered by the bacteria slipping into the skin from the surface through dust particles, splinters etc. People who have a weak immune system are more susceptible to getting boils on the skin. Medicines can also cause boils as a side effects. Certain foods can cause allergies which result in the eruption of boils. Deficiency of certain vitamins also causes boils. Acne boils are caused by clogging of the hair follicles by sebum, a waxy substance produced by the sebaceous glands of the body to keep the skin well greased.
Some of the best boil home remedies are as follows:
- Warm compress is an effective method of treating boils. A cloth is dipped in warm water and placed over the boil. This heat application on the boil increases the blood circulation in the affected region, bringing more white blood cells to the area to kill the bacteria.
- Onion and garlic juice is mixed in an equal proportion and applied over the boil. This helps in accelerating the process of boil formation. The boil forms pus and a head quickly and eventually gets drained and dries up.
- Milk cream also serves the purpose of ripening of the boil. The cream softens the skin on the boil and the boil develops a head or pustule. This is followed by draining and drying, the natural process of curing of the boil.
- Parsley leaves are boiled till they get softened. The boiled parsley is applied over the boil. They help in developing a head which serves as an outlet for the accumulated pus.
- Betel leaves are warmed slightly and then coated with castor oil. The leaf is then placed on the boil and covered. This process has to be repeated till the boil bursts and gets healed.
- Neem is well known for its antiseptic properties. Neem leaves are boiled in water till the water reduces. The water which extracts all the benefits of the neem is applied over the boils for a quick recovery.
- A cup of bitter gourd juice mixed with some lime juice is consumed in the morning on an empty stomach. The bitter gourd kills the bacteria and reduces the severity of the infection.
- Roasted turmeric is mixed with water to form a paste. It is then applied over the boils as a remedy for boils. Turmeric is popular for its anti-septic properties.
- A paste made with cumin seeds is used to cure boils also.
- Boils are formed when the blood is impure and has toxins. A healthy diet including citrus fruits and melon juice, whole grain cereals etc and abstinence from refined food and sugar helps in detoxifying the body. A healthy diet strengthens the body’s immune system, thereby preventing the recurrence of boils.
- Honey has anti-bacterial properties due to which it is used in several ways to treat skin problems. To heal boils quickly, honey can be mixed either with oil or wheat germ or applied alone. A tonic prepared by mixing an equal amount of honey, orange juice, cod liver oil and lime juice helps in energizing the body which gets stressed out by the constant pain due to the boils.
Boils can be healed soon if they are not tampered with. Pricking or pressing them can help the spread of the bacteria. The above mentioned simple home remedies can help in eliminating the problem of boils.