Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is also known as cider vinegar and acetic acid. In its natural form it has a rich-brown color and a dark web-like bacterial foam that settles down at the bottom of the bottle. This foam is known as the mother or the enzyme.
This unfiltered cider vinegar has been used since ages in curing many ailments including skin-related ones. The clear vinegar loses its benefits through over-processing, over heating as well as filtering. Hence, one should prefer only the organic cider vinegar which retains the mother.
Apple cider vinegar is more effective than the antibiotic drugs in curing skin boils. This is because it does not produce any side-effects and is a powerful anti-bacterial agent too.
Apple cider vinegar is effective as a skin boils treatment due to its following features:
• With an ideal pH balance of 5-7 the cider vinegar helps in controlling bacterial growth on the skin. As a matter of fact, the skin boils are caused by staph bacterial infections.
• Certain boils can be caused due to deficiency of minerals. Taking apple cider vinegar orally can cure such boils as it infuses minerals such as potassium in the bloodstream.
• It reduces the chance of boil formation as it minimizes the clogging of the skin pores.
• Skin boils that are formed due to toxins can also be cured by this cider vinegar. It helps the liver and kidneys in removing the harmful toxins from our system.
• Apple cider vinegar acts as a natural astringent. It also dissolves the fat deposits on the skin.
Apple cider vinegar can be used in the following ways to cure skin boils:
• 2 tablespoons of the vinegar should be mixed with filtered water. Since it tastes quite sour, a little stevia or maple syrup can be added to it. This mixture should be taken twice daily, once in the morning and once during the meals.
• It should be diluted with water in the ratio of 1:10 before applying it topically. After washing the face this solution should be dabbed over the boils with a cotton ball.
Both topical and oral use of cider vinegar can control the staph infections that cause boils effectively.